Oak Hill Hospital Announces 2017 Graduate Medical Education Program Internal Medicine and Transitional Year Residents
Spring Hill, Florida (April 18, 2017) – Oak Hill Hospital is proud to introduce the 2017 class of Graduate Medical Education Program Internal Medicine residents:
· Fatima Agha – Ross University School of Medicine
· Salli Aziz – Mania University Faculty of Medicine
· Lakshpaul Chauhan – Ross University School of Medicine
· Venkatesh Gupta Cheetirala – Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, Secunderabad
· Farrah Chilet – University of Sharjah College of Medicine
· Rania Godil – Dow International Medical College
· Alexander Gutierrez – St. George’s University
· Arshad Iqbal – Jinnah Sindh Medical University
· Salman Masood – Deccan College of Medical Sciences
· Adeeb Mustafa – Spartan Health Sciences University School of Medicine
· Salaah Siddiqui – Lincoln Memorial Univ-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine
· Zaid Tabbaa – Jordan University of Science and Technology Faculty of Medicine
· Nour Tlimat – University of Sharjah College of Medicine
· Fahad Zafar Allama – Iqbal Medical College
Oak Hill Hospital now appoints 15 new residents each year. This is the fourth class of the Graduate Medical Education program.
Internal medicine residents train in the hospital on general medicine teams and specialty services including the emergency department.
The hospital also announces the first class of its Transitional Year Program. The Transitional Year Program is a one year post-graduate program for residents to have a variety of training experiences before further subspecialty training. Some of the fields requiring a transitional year before beginning a specialty residency include: anesthesiology, radiology, neurology, dermatology, and ophthalmology. Oak Hill Hospital is proud to announce the 2017 class of 10 transitional year residents:
· Richard Bonney – Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
· Dustin Brown – University of Kentucky College of Medicine
· Robert Cooper – Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
· Alan Drennen – Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
· Andrew Keller – University of Central Florida College of Medicine
· Whitney King – William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine
· Berenice Lopez Leal – USF Health Morsani College of Medicine
· Christopher Megargel – University of Pikeville Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine
· Maulik Patel – University of Central Florida College of Medicine
· Nicholas Pigg – Touro–University, California College of Osteopathic Medicine
The Internal Medicine Residency program is under the direction of Salman Muddassir, MD. The Transitional Year Residency program is under the direction of Dean F. Connors, MD, PhD, MS.
Oak Hill Hospital will now have 50 residents in its Graduate Medical Education programs. The first class of 10 Internal Medicine residents consisting of 10 physicians, will graduate in June and will move forward with their medical careers in a variety of practices in Florida, with one seeking additional specialty training.
According to the Florida Department of Health, there is a critical statewide need for physicians. The expansion of the Graduate Medical Education Program such as Oak Hill’s can help alleviate the shortage. This program benefits the local community. Studies show that many physicians practice where they have completed their residency.
“It is gratifying to see our GME program progressing to this level. We are proud to be able to provide our community with an accredited teaching hospital,” said Ed Nast, MD, Chief Medical Officer at Oak Hill Hospital. “The community benefits in so many ways by the addition of these physicians,” he added.
Visit the Oak Hill Hospital newsroom for recent releases: www.OakHillHospital.com/About/Newsroom/
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties (280 beds), is the area’s largest private employer, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Over 300 physicians, 1,200 associates, and approximately 250 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
The new Maternity Suites at Oak Hill Hospital opened in June of 2016, offering advanced labor and delivery capabilities in a comfortable and family centered setting. Oak Hill Hospital offers several unique programs in the area, including a graduate medical education program, a hospitalist program, 24/7 intensivists as well as 24/7 on site radiologists. Please visit our website for a comprehensive listing of all Oak Hill Hospital accreditations, awards, and distinctions.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Brooksville, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.
CEO, Vince Vanni and Associates, Inc.